Here is a list of useful information for new residents of Chesapeake City.
- Historic District
If you live in the Historic District on the South side of town there are guidelines that must be followed with regard to exterior changes to your property. Please stop by or call Town Hall for a copy of “Owning Property in the Chesapeake City Historic District, A Guide to Permit Procedures”.You may also read the informative Guide online under Historic Committee
- Residential Parking Permits for Historic District
Residents who live within the Historic District can obtain a residential parking permit. This will allow them to park in any residential parking space in the village center. This does not reserve a specific parking space. Residential Parking spaces are first come first served. A residential parking permit is $20.00. They can be obtained at Town Hall. You must present the following when applying for a Residential Parking Permit: A valid Maryland drivers license, Maryland vehicle registration, and proof of residence in the Historic District of town.
- Planning Commission
Planning commission meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month. If you are planning on any additions, building a deck, patio, cutting down trees, covering a driveway etc., please call Town Hall and we will let you know if you need a permit and explain the process.
- Snow Removal
Residents are responsible for the removal of all ice, snow and other obstructions from their sidewalks.
- Vehicle Registration
If you have recently moved to the area, you must register your vehicle with the State of Maryland within 30 days. Also, it is against town law to have any untagged vehicles in town.
- Town Meetings
Town meetings are held the second Monday of every month at 6:30 pm at Town Hall 108 Bohemia Avenue. Town Council Workshops are held on the fourth Monday of every month at 6:30 pm in Town Hall. The public is encouraged to attend.
- Trash Collection Junk Bee Gone is our trash contractor. Trash collection is on Tuesday. If you need a trash can, call Town Hall at 410-885-5180. One trash can per residence. Apartments may have one trash can per unit.
- Yard Waste Yard waste pickup is on Mondays. Please bag your leaves and bundle your sticks and branches. More specific information can be found on the left side of the site.
- Recycling Single stream recycling is Mandatory. Pick up is on Wednesdays. Please have a separate can with a recycling sticker on it. You may pick a sticker up at Town Hall. More specifics on what is acceptable recycling materials may be found on the lleft side of this site.
- Metal Recycling We have two drop off sites and dates per month for any type of metal recycling, TV's, computers, wire, etc. North water tower very 2nd Saturday of the month. and South water tower every 4th Saturday of the month. Any questions please call Town Hall.